The mission of the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks' Summer Intern Program is to offer quality, real-world work experiences for qualified students seeking to enrich their academic studies in various disciplines such as Wildlife Resources Management, Fisheries Resource Management, Administrative Services, Natural Science Museums, Media Relations, Parks Administration, Outdoor Television/Public Affairs, Law Enforcement, License/Boating Registration, Hunter/Boating Education, and Human Resources Management.
In order to apply to the MDWFP Internship Program, you will need to submit the following:
- State of Mississippi Personnel Board Application.
- MDWFP Internship Application
- Letter of Intent which includes:
- Major subject of study
- Why the applicant is seeking an internship
- The area of the Department in which you are interested in working
- Wildlife/Fisheries Biology
- Law Enforcement
- Parks and Recreation
- Expectations from participating in the intern program
- How the applicant will benefit from the program
- Description of future career goals
- Why applicant should be chosen for the internship program
- Two letters of recommendation from college officials
- One copy of the original academic transcript of course work completed up to the time of the application.
All documents are to be submitted and mailed together to:
MDWFP Internship Program Coordinator
1505 Eastover Drive
Jackson, Mississippi 39211-6374