Before you go out on the water, the Mississippi Department of
Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks would like to make you
aware of everything you need to know for an enjoyable and safe
boating experience. The following is a boating check list
that will guide you to an enjoyable boating experience.
- Valid boating registration (onboard vessel)
- Valid numbers displayed on side of vessel (At least 3 inches
tall with contrasting colors to hull).
- Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device sized to fit,
for every person on Board.
- Vessel 16' or larger must have a Coast Guard approved throwable
- Vessel must have a fire extinguisher if it has an enclosed gas
- Vessel must have a sound device if operating on navigable
- Anyone 12 years and younger must wear a Coast Guard approved
Personal Flotation Device at all times while on vessel.
- Boater Education/Safety card for all operators who were born on
or after June 30, 1980.