Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Museum Merriment at The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
JACKSON - Make merry memories this season at theMississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks' Museum of Natural Science! "Join us for a variety of fun activities from hands-on crafting and interactive Creature Features with live animals to unique shopping and old-fashioned holiday fun," explains Libby Hartfield, museum director.
For details please call 601-576-6000 or visit www.msnaturalscience.org.
Click here for more information about the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
- December 15 (10am - Noon): Nature Made Christmas. Design fun ornaments using natural objects.
- December 16 (2pm): Santa Dive. Santa will dive and feed the fish in the Museum's aquariums.
- Through Jan. 6, 2013: "Dinosaurs: Big, Bad, Bold" exhibit. Meet over 20 robotic dinosaurs!
- Fish Feedings: Meet some of our fascinating aquarium inhabitants. Every Tuesday and Friday at 10 a.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. watch divers feed the fish!
- Creature Features: These informal programs feature live or mounted animals. Scheduled every Saturday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Creature Features make learning fun!
- The Dragonfly Gift Shoppe: Shop a unique selection of gifts - open daily.
- Museum closed December 24, 25 & 31, 2012 and
January 1, 2013.
Schedule subject to change.
- The museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson. Museum Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $6 adults; $4 youth ages 3-18; $5 senior citizens (60+); free for children under 3; free for Museum Members; school teachers with classes: call for group information.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!