Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Unleash Your Wild Side at “NatureFEST!” On April 1, 2017
JACKSON-Unleash your wild side at
MDWFP's Mississippi Museum of Natural Science at "NatureFEST!" on
Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. "We are excited to
welcome Wildlife Wonders' exotic animal stage show and the Magic
Funtastic Comedy Show to this year's festival!" says Museum
Director Charles Knight. The event is a festival, a nature outing,
and a fascinating museum trip, all wrapped into one exciting day!
Food will be available for purchase from several food trucks.
"NatureFEST!" offers a full day of fun for the whole family,
• Wildlife Wonders' exotic animal stage show: meet a Red
Kangaroo, Bushbaby, Three Banded Armadillo, Paca, Monkey Tail
Skink, Turaco, and a Dumeril Boa!
• Magic Funtastic Comedy Show
• Expert guided behind-the-scenes tours of aquariums, research,
and museum collections
• BioBlitz activities: team up and track down as many local
species as possible
• Live reptile program with Terry Vandeventer, "The Snake Man"
• SCUBA diver fish feeding in giant aquariums
• Nature themed interactive photo booth
• Nature games, and guided or self-directed hikes on beautiful
for activity details, a schedule, and a map, or call 601-576-6000.
Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors (60+), and $4 for youth
(3-18). Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the door.
The Museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson,
Mississippi. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/msnaturalscience
or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MSScienceMuseum
or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/MSScienceMuseum.Animals
and activities subject to change.