Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
MDWFP Hosts Wildlife Management Area Public Meetings
JACKSON - The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) is hosting a series of six public meetings across the state to discuss Wildlife Management Area (WMA) activities. These meetings, held during the spring and fall, will showcase regional WMA harvest data, wildlife habitat and infrastructure improvements, and regulation changes adopted for the 2012-13 hunting season. All WMA users, adjacent landowners, hunting clubs, and interested citizens are encouraged to attend.
"It is very important for the MDWFP to meet with our customers and hear input from the public at every available opportunity," said Ed Penny, MDWFP Wildlife Bureau Director. "These meetings will give us the opportunity to promote our WMA system, gain input from the public about activities on our WMAs, and provide information about WMAs to the public."
The meetings will be from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. on the dates and at the locations listed below:
- September 11: North Delta WMAs at Muscadine Farms WMA near Greenville
- September 13: North WMAs at Charles Ray Nix WMA near Sardis
- September 18: East Central WMAs at Black Prairie WMA near Brooksville
- September 25: South Delta WMAs at Hinds Community College in Vicksburg
- September 27: Southwest WMAs at Percy Quin State Park in McComb
- October 2: Southeast WMAs at Paul B Johnson State Park in Hattiesburg
MDWFP wildlife biologists, WMA personnel, and law enforcement officers will be in attendance to answer questions from the public
For more information regarding Wildlife Management Areas in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/wma or call us at 601-432-2199.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!