The History of Ford's Well
Saturday June 01, 2013 2:00 p.m.Location: North Mississippi Fish Hatchery Visitor Education Center
For more information please contact Emily-Jo Wiggins at (662) 563 - 8068.
The North Mississippi Fish Hatchery Visitor Education Center will host a second program on Enid Lake's history. The "History of Ford's Well" program will focus on an area located on the south side of Enid Lake. Ford's Well was dug in 1898, and its water became popular in the early 1900s as a cure-all because of its high mineral content. Many people enjoy the area today as they dig into the past and enjoy recreational opportunities from the horseback trails to the primitive campsites on Spyglass Hill.
Presenting the program is Mike Robinson, Supervisory
Ranger for the USACE at Enid Lake,
who has worked on several local historical projects including Ford's Well. He has worked with the Corps since 1972 and has written numerous articles on the lake's construction and the families present on the Enid land before construction began. These 18 articles won the notable Howard Crittenden National Interpreters' Award.
Program is free with price of admission. If you have any questions please call the NMFH Visitor Education Center at (662) 563 - 8068.