J.P. Coleman State Park613 CR 321
Iuka, MS 38852
Perched on a rocky bluff overlooking the Tennessee River, J.P. Coleman State Park offers the finest in all types of water sports. Visitors experience unmatched sailing, swimming, skiing, and fishing for Smallmouth bass in the sparkling waters of Pickwick Lake, and enjoy camping and exploring in the untamed wilderness along the banks of the Tennessee River.
Directions and Park Map
A day-use entry fee is charged on a per vehicle basis
- Private vehicle entrance fee is $4.00 plus $.50 for each person over 6 people
- See State Park Fees for other entry fees that may apply
Things to Do
A variety of recreational activities and facilities are available at J. P. Coleman State Park. Facilities for use include: visitor center and conference room, marina, boat launch, picnic tables and grills, picnic pavilions, playgronds, swimming pool, and miniature golf. Fishing, boating, and water skiing are available on Pickwick Lake, a 47,500 acre freshwater lake.
Click on below links for additional information.
- Day Use Area: Picnic, Playground, Miniature Golf, Swimming Pool
Park Photo Albums
Photo albums include pictures of park amenities, and lodging facilities
Camping and Lodging
There are several options when it comes to staying overnight. the park offers 69 RV campsites, 9 primitive camping sites, 20 cabins (duplex style), 3 cottages, 16 motel rooms, and 3 townhouses. Facilities are located with views of Pickwick Lake.
Reservations are encouraged. Reservations can be made by calling the park at 662-423-6515 or by online reservations. Our online reservation system is hosted by Reserve America.
Click on the below links for additional information.
- Online Reservations - Hosted by Reserve America
Park Fees and Regulations
- State Park Fees (PDF)
- Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Cancellation Policy (PDF)
April - Annual Easter Egg Hunt
April 25 - Bass Fishing League Fishing Tournament
May 16 - Big Cat Quest Tournament
July 11 - Tenn Tom Bass Club
August 14 & 15 - Dulcimer Festival
September 11 & 12 - Needle Chasers (quilting)
September 19 & 20 Bass Fishing League Fishing Tournament
October 24 - Halloween in the Park
The following attractions are located within a short drive of J.P. Coleman State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide you with directions.
- Divide Section Wildlife Management Area
- John Bell Williams Wildlife Management Area
- Pickwick Lake
- Tishomingo State Park
- Shiloh Civil War Battlefield
- Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway
- House Boat Rental
- Historic Homes and Civil War Sites (Corinth)
- Adkins Farms (Booneville)
- Field of Dreamz Daylily Farms (Corinth)