Percy Quin State Park2036 Percy Quin Drive
McComb, MS 39648
Loblolly pines and stately magnolia trees, rolling hills, spectacular seasonal flowers, and a year-round mild climate await visitors to Percy Quin State Park. One of the original state parks cleared and constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, Percy Quin is today a delightful blend of the old and new. Located just one and a half hours from New Orleans, Percy Quin State Park provides a colorful natural backdrop for a variety of outdoor activities.
and Park Map
A day-use entrance fee is charged for all day-use visitors.
- Entrance fee $4 per vehicle plus $.50 for each person over 6 people
A variety of activities and facilities are available at Percy Quin State Park. Facilities for use include: picnic tables and grills, picnic pavilions, playgrounds, swimming pool, tennis courts, game room, conference center, chapel, marina, and an 18 hole golf course. Boating is available on Lake Tangipahoa.
- Day Use Area: Picnic Area, Pavilions, Playgrounds, Swimming Pool, and Tennis Courts
- Visitor Center, Gameroom, and Conference Center
- Fishing and Boating (Lake is closed to fishing)
- Wayside Chapel
- Quail Hollow Golf Course
Photo albums include pictures of park amenities, cabins, and facilities.
There are several options available when it comes to staying overnight. The park offers 100 RV campsites, 27 cabins, 4 cottages, 2 golf villas, 9 motel rooms, and a group camp facility. These facilities are located in wooded areas with views of Lake Tangipahoa.
Reservations are strongly encouraged. Reservations can be made by calling the park at 601-684-3938 or by online reservations. Our online reservation system is hosted by Reserve America.
Click on the below links for additional information.
- RV Campground and Primitive Camping
- Cabins, Cottages, Motel, and Golf Villas
- Group Camp (Contact the park for reservations)
- Online Reservations - Hosted by Reserve America
Park Fees and Regulations
- Camp Sunshine is held the second of July. Camp Sunshine takes place at the group camp where physically and mentally challenged park guests enjoy fishing, swimming, games, talent show, special olympics, animal zoo, horse rides, and boat rides. Camp Sunshine is sponsored by the Junior Auxiliary of McComb along with numerous other businesses in the McComb area.
- MS Tour for Cure is held the first Saturday of October. MS Tour for Cure is a two day, 150 mile bicycle ride beginning in Hammond, LA to Percy Quin State Park and back again. The event raises funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Halloween at Percy Quin is for registered campers only. Halloween activities are held in the campground with trick or treat fun and a hay ride. Event is scheduled the Saturday before Halloween or on Halloween, if it occurs on a Saturday.
The following area attractions are located within a short drive of Percy Quin State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide directions.