Clarkco State Park
Quitman, MS 39355
P: (601) 776-6651
Located just south of Meridian near the Mississippi-Alabama state line, Clarkco State Park has been a favorite Mississippi recreation spot since 1938. Situated on 815 acres of gently rolling woodlands, Clarkco State Park offers camping, cabin rentals, and water sports in a convenient yet unspoiled location, providing the perfect retreat for an afternoon or weekend getaway.
Directions & Maps
A day-use entry fee is charged for all day-use visitors.
- Entrance $4.00 and $.50 per person over 6 people Private Vehicle
Stay the Night
Developed Camping 43 sites, Primitive Tent Camping 7 sites, Vacation Cabins 20 units, and 1 Vacation Cottage plus Laundry Facilities.
Things to Do
Picnic Sites, Picnic Pavilions, Playgrounds, Playing Fields, Nature Trails, Tennis Courts, Disc Golf, Clarkco Lake offers a Boat Launch, Fishing and Water Skiing, plus the Clarkco State Park has a zero depth Splash Pad.
Things to Know
Mississippi State Park Fees, Rules and Regulations
The following attractions are located within a short drive of Clarkco State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide you with directions.
- Bienville National Forest
- Bamboo Emu Farm (Meridian)
- Causeyville General Store and Mill (Meridian)
- Historic Homes (Meridian)
- Naval Air Station (Meridian)
- Highland Park (Meridian)
- Jimmie Rodgers Museum (Meridian)
- Mathis Orchards (Meridian)
- Dunn's Falls (Enterprise)
- Lake Claude Bennett
- Lake Bogue Homa
- Okatibbee Wildlife Management Area
- Tallahalla Wildlife Management Area
Annual Events in the Area
Jimmie Rodgers Memorial Festival (Meridian)
State Games of Mississippi (Meridian)
Coca-Cola Pops at Bonita Lakes (Meridian)
Mississippi Junior Miss Program (Meridian)
First Day Hike
Hike in the Park with your Sweetie
Bass Rodeo Tournament