Clarkco State Park
Quitman, MS 39355
P: (601) 776-6651
Located just south of Meridian near the Mississippi-Alabama state line, Clarkco State Park has been a favorite Mississippi recreation spot since 1938. Situated on 815 acres of gently rolling woodlands, Clarkco State Park offers camping, cabin rentals, and water sports in a convenient yet unspoiled location, providing the perfect retreat for an afternoon or weekend getaway.
Directions & Maps
A day-use entry fee is charged for all day-use visitors.
- Entrance $4.00 and $.50 per person over 6 people Private Vehicle
Stay the Night
Developed Camping 43 sites, Primitive Tent Camping 7 sites, Vacation Cabins 20 units, and 1 Vacation Cottage plus Laundry Facilities.
Things to Do
Picnic Sites, Picnic Pavilions, Playgrounds, Playing Fields, Nature Trails, Tennis Courts, Disc Golf, Clarkco Lake offers a Boat Launch, Fishing and Water Skiing, plus the Clarkco State Park has a zero depth Splash Pad.
Things to Know
Mississippi State Park Fees, Rules and Regulations
The following attractions are located within a short drive of Clarkco State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide you with directions.
- Bienville National Forest
- Bamboo Emu Farm (Meridian)
- Causeyville General Store and Mill (Meridian)
- Historic Homes (Meridian)
- Naval Air Station (Meridian)
- Highland Park (Meridian)
- Jimmie Rodgers Museum (Meridian)
- Mathis Orchards (Meridian)
- Dunn's Falls (Enterprise)
- Lake Claude Bennett
- Lake Bogue Homa
- Okatibbee Wildlife Management Area
- Tallahalla Wildlife Management Area
Annual Events in the Area
Jimmie Rodgers Memorial Festival (Meridian)
State Games of Mississippi (Meridian)
Coca-Cola Pops at Bonita Lakes (Meridian)
Mississippi Junior Miss Program (Meridian)
First Day Hike
Hike in the Park with your Sweetie
Bass Rodeo Tournament
Lake Run for the Little Ones
80th birthday for Clarkco State Park