Picnic Area, Pavilions, Playgrounds, and Nature Trails
Picnic Area and Pavilions
Twenty picnic sites complete with grills are located throughout the park and many have beautiful lakeside views.
Five pavilions with picnic tables are available for reservations. Water, electricity, and a barbeque grill are provided at each pavilion. These are great facilities for group outings, family reunions, and company picnics.
- Pavilion #1 is located adjacent to the swimming pool facility.
- Pavilion #2 is located in the day use area with views of Shadow Lake. It is designated as handicap accessible and is the second closest pavilion to the swimming pool facility.
- Pavilion #3 is located in the day use area with views of Shadow Lake.
- Pavilion #4 is located in the day use area near the fishing pier and playground.
- Pavilion #5 is located adjacent to the Alfreda - Harris Lodge.
A fishing pier is available in the day use picnic area.
A playground is located under the canopy of large trees.
Nature trails wind throughout the park. You can experience six unique trails totaling approximately 4.8 miles. The trails not only connect different areas of the park, but also provides exploration of the woods and unobstructed views of native trees, flowers, and wildlife.
- Lakeview Trail - .4 mile (White)
- Muscadine Trail - .5 mile (Red)
- Rolling Hill Trail - .3 mile (Gold)
- Pinelane - .4 mile (Light Blue)
- Civil War Hill Trail - 2 miles (Blue)
- Beaver Dam Trail 1.2 miles