All About Wild Turkeys
There is little else that can captivate the imagination of Mississippi sportsmen like the sight of the wild turkey. Consequently, many turkey enthusiasts want to learn all they can about different aspects of the life of the state's most majestic game bird. Luckily, few other wildlife species in North America have received as much research attention from biologists as the wild turkey, and a wealth of literature exists that covers nearly all aspects of the bird's biology.
The articles listed below discuss many aspects of the biology of wild turkeys and how they interact with their environment. This information, coupled with the management techniques found on the Wild Turkey Habitat Management Page, are aimed to give landowners and managers the information needed to provide ideal habitat conditions for turkeys.
History of Wild Turkey Conservation
- A History of the Wild Turkey in North America (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
General Biology & Ecology
- The Eastern Wild Turkey (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Turkeys in the Pines (Weyerhauser's Wild Turkey Research)
- Following Wild Turkeys Through the Seasons
- The Life and Times of Fall Turkeys
- Gobbling Activity Trends in Mississippi
- Turkey Oddities
- Aging Spring Turkeys (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Will Disease Decrease Wild Turkey Numbers?
- Avian Pox (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Blackhead Disease (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)