Hiking Trails and Rock Climbing
Tishomingo State Park offers the outdoor enthusiast approximately 13 miles of nature trails. There are seven separate trails in the park. The trails differ in length, but all are easy to moderate walking. The delineation of each trail can be determined by following the red blazing painted on the trees. Each trail is unique in vegetation and terrain. The rock formations are of the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and are only found in Tishomingo County.
- Trail 1: Flat Rock Trail, 3 miles
- Trail 2: Saddleback Ridge Trail, 0.75 miles
- Trail 3: Natchez Trace Trail, 2 miles
- Trail 4: CCC Pond Trail, 0.75 miles
- Trail 5: CCC Camp Trail, 3 miles
- Trail 6: Bear Creek Trail, 1.5 miles
- Trail 7: Outcroppings Trail, 2 miles
For trail descriptions and trail map see the below brochure:
The rock outcropping and bluffs found in the park are not found in any other county in the state. Rock climbing is available by permit only. Participants must provide their own equipment and secure a permit at the park office prior to engaging in any climbing activities. Climbing Guides are available for purchase at the Park Office. Helmets are required.