SEE RULES AND REGULATIONS BELOW FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW SPECIAL REGULATIONS FOR NONRESIDENTS ON PUBLIC LANDS
Wild Turkey Program
Few things are as thrilling as the gobble of a wild turkey, and few places can rival Mississippi for thundering long-bearded gobblers. Mississippians have a rich tradition of chasing wary spring toms, and over the last three decades, the state has consistently boasted one of the largest turkey populations in the country. With a quarter of a million birds from the Delta to the Gulf, hunters should have no problem finding a gobbler in the Magnolia State.
The MDWFP Wild Turkey Program is dedicated to the conservation and management of wild turkeys all throughout Mississippi. Please reach out to us to schedule a visit to your land or hunting club to provide advice and assistance.
Wild Turkey Program Coordinator
Rules & Regulations
Wild Turkey Management
- 2023 Spring Turkey Season Forecast
- 2022 WMA Harvest Totals
- Map of WMAs offering Turkey Hunting
- Mississippi's Comprehensive Wild Turkey Management Plan
- Spring Gobbler Hunting Survey
- Turkey Records Registration Form
- Magnolia Turkey Records Program
- Spittin' & Drummin' - Mississippi Turkey Program Reports
- First Turkey Certificate Entry Form