Manager: Blake Dawson
Charlie Capps WMA is located in Bolivar County near Rosedale. Take Hwy 8 from Cleveland 15.1 miles to Dattle Road. Turn right onto Dattle Road, and travel 1.9 miles to Lake Rd. Turn left onto Lake Road, and travel .4 miles to WMA Headquarters. If you have any questions regarding Charlie Capps WMA call (662) 335-2422.
- Rules & Regs for Charlie Capps WMA
- WMA Interactive Map
- WMA Draw Hunts
- Charlie Capps Area Map
- Local Weather
- Waterfowl Hunting Information
- Waterfowl Draw Procedures
- Handicapped Hunter Access
Frequently Asked Questions about Charlie Capps WMA for waterfowl hunting.
- What is the habitat type? – This WMA is managed for moist soil with blocks of willow and oak plantings. Water levels range from 6 in. to 2 ft. in depth.
- Is there any Cover? There is a significant amount of cover provided by several stands of willow and oak trees. There is no need to bring any additional blind material.
- Do I need a boat or a blind? There is no need for a boat or blind for this particular WMA. Most hunters use some form of swamp stool as a seat.
- Do I have to hunt a certain spot? Your entire hunt unit is yours to hunt for the day. You are allowed to hunt anywhere within your designated unit. You are not required to hunt any particular location within your designated unit. No other hunters outside of your hunting party will be allowed to hunt the unit on your draw date.
- Are ATV/UTVs allowed? ATV/UTVs are allowed only on designated roads and trails but some hunt units can be accessed by foot.
- Can I scout my unit and when? During the waterfowl seasons, scouting is allowed by foot traffic only on Sundays and Tuesdays from 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm.
- How many people can I bring? You are allowed to but not required to bring up to 3 guests on your waterfowl draw hunt
- How long can I hunt? – Shooting hours for waterfowl on this WMA end at 12:00 noon. Waterfowl hunters must check out by 1:00 pm, except during the waterfowl youth hunt which shall run concurrent with the statewide waterfowl youth hunt.