Snow Much Fun: December 10 and December 11, 2021
5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Give your kids a snow day! Well, a snow NIGHT, actually.
Play in scheduled “snowfalls”, take a frosty selfie with Santa, create winter woodland crafts, and see winter STEM experiments.
This uniquely Mississippi holiday experience celebrates winter in a way that's fun for the whole family.
- This event has an attendance cap per night to encourage social distancing.
- Tickets are sold in advance only.
- Masks are recommended.
- This event will be held on December 10 and December 11, 2021. Tickets may be used one time on either night.
TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR. Ticket Sales End at Noon On Friday, December 10, 2021.
MS MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION MEMBERS: $8 Adult / $4 youth ages 3-18 / Free for ages under 3
NON-MEMBERS: $10 adult / $6 youth ages 3-18 / Free for ages under 3
New Year's Eve Glow: December 31, 2021
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Tickets will NOT be sold at the door! This event is expected to sell out. Purchase your tickets by Noon on December 31st.
Bring your family to ring in the New Year in a “Glow-tastic” way while saying goodbye to 2021 and the “Wild Weather” exhibit before it blows away! Masks are recommended.
- Win prizes as we ring in the “New Year” at 8 p.m. with a 1,000-balloon drop from above! (*see below)
- Dress to impress in your best glow/black light reactive outfit
- Get a glow bracelet and strut your stuff at a black light dance party
- Experience a live nocturnal animal show
- Take a glow stick trail hike
- Eat cupcakes and drink punch
- Snap a picture in our 2022 photo booth
- Play fun glow games and enjoy bowling, hopscotch, bubbles, and more.
- Explore the museum
- Fly through the eye of a hurricane, create a mini-tornado, dance up a storm in the interactive weather dance hall, and get blown away in a staged hurricane photo op.
* Prizes include candy, trinkets, and animal posters. Grand prizes include a free, one-year Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation (MMNSF) Family Membership and a museum swag bag!
Anderson Square Art Studio will also be on-site with glow-in-the-dark face painting (not included with ticket).
MMNSF MEMBERS: $8 per person for ages 3 & up and includes the bulleted items above. Ages 2 and under are Free.
NONMEMBERS: $10 per person for ages 3 & up and includes the bulleted items above. Ages 2 and under are Free.
Purchase your tickets by Noon on December 31st.
Tickets will NOT be sold at the door! This event is expected to sell out.
Wild Weather is developed and produced by Science North in partnership with the Ontario Science Centre. The exhibit is sponsored locally by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation, Nissan, Regions Bank, Trustmark, Weyerhaeuser, and other generous sponsors.
NEW LEFLEUR'S BLUFF EDUCATION & TOURISM COMPLEX PLAYGROUND
GET MUSEUM NEWS AND EVENT INFO IN YOUR EMAIL INBOX
CATCH THE RECORDINGS OF THE 2021 VIRTUAL FOSSIL ROAD SHOW
ON THE MUSEUM FACEBOOK PAGE
The “Fossil Road Show” went VIRTUAL on the museum’s Facebook page on March 6, 2021!
The virtual event kicked-off with a FACEBOOK LIVE featuring museum paleontology curator, George Phillips followed by several pre-recorded videos including:
- Fossil experts sharing opinions about the ages and identities of specimens that have been submitted for identification, and
- Short videos about Mississippi’s rich fossil history from contributing exhibitors from around the state.
FACEBOOK LIVE AND VIDEO SCHEDULE:
MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science recently unveiled “Bird Flight”, a stunning, permanent exhibit created in memory of B.E. Gandy, Museum Director/Curator from 1958–1987. Learn how birds fly, measure your wingspan, and see a murmuration, in this fascinating exhibit.
Flying enables birds to escape predators, look for food, and migrate. As an avid birder, Mr. Gandy was fascinated by bird flight, especially the phenomenon of bird murmurations. A murmuration is a flock of hundreds or thousands of birds flying in a whirling, twisting, morphing pattern.
The LeFleur Museum District includes 2 museums on Lakeland Drive and 2 museums on Museum Boulevard. Lakeland Drive and Museum Boulevard intersect one block east of Interstate 55 on Lakeland Drive in Jackson, MS.
Click here to download the LeFleur Museum District Rack Card.
Click here to purchase a discounted LeFleur Museum District Pass.