MAKE YOUR MUSEUM VISIT RESERVATION
Click here - reservations are currently required to visit the museum.
GET MUSEUM NEWS AND EVENT INFO IN YOUR EMAIL INBOX
PLAY THE EGG-CEPTIONAL EGG GAME
March 15, 2021 - April 30, 2021
Play the fun, new “Egg-ceptional Egg Game” this spring! Find images of eggs from around the animal kingdom as you explore the museum. You’ll be entertained while you learn in a fun and socially distanced way.
HERE’S HOW TO PLAY:
- See how many Egg-ceptional Egg images you can find (but leave them where they are).
- When you’re finished, tell someone in the gift shop the number that you found.
- If you find the EXACT number of egg images, you win a special egg-themed prize to take home and enjoy.
- If you count several (but not the exact number), we have another fun, smaller surprise for you.
Note: (One prize per child participating in the game).
Timed arrival reservations and masks are required. This activity is included with museum admission.
CATCH THE RECORDINGS OF THE 2021 VIRTUAL FOSSIL ROAD SHOW
ON THE MUSEUM FACEBOOK PAGE
The “Fossil Road Show” went VIRTUAL on the museum’s Facebook page on March 6, 2021!
The virtual event kicked-off with a FACEBOOK LIVE featuring museum paleontology curator, George Phillips followed by several pre-recorded videos including:
- Fossil experts sharing opinions about the ages and identities of specimens that have been submitted for identification, and
- Short videos about Mississippi’s rich fossil history from contributing exhibitors from around the state.
FACEBOOK LIVE AND VIDEO SCHEDULE:
MONSTER FISH: IN SEARCH OF THE LAST RIVER GIANTS
BIRD FLIGHT EXHIBIT
MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science recently unveiled “Bird Flight”, a stunning, permanent exhibit created in memory of B.E. Gandy, Museum Director/Curator from 1958–1987. Learn how birds fly, measure your wingspan, and see a murmuration, in this fascinating exhibit.
Flying enables birds to escape predators, look for food, and migrate. As an avid birder, Mr. Gandy was fascinated by bird flight, especially the phenomenon of bird murmurations. A murmuration is a flock of hundreds or thousands of birds flying in a whirling, twisting, morphing pattern.
The LeFleur Museum District includes 2 museums on Lakeland Drive and 2 museums on Museum Boulevard. Lakeland Drive and Museum Boulevard intersect one block east of Interstate 55 on Lakeland Drive in Jackson, MS.
Click here to download the LeFleur Museum District Rack Card.
Click here to purchase a discounted LeFleur Museum District Pass.