Home / Wildlife & Hunting / Rabbit Program /
Wildlife & Hunting

Injured Wildlife

Although it may be difficult, the best action to take is to leave wildlife alone. Often, young animals that might appear to be orphaned may be picked up by an attending adult if they are simply left alone. The MDWFP does not have the capacity to conduct general wildlife rehabilitation and cannot pick up injured wildlife (except in the case of some threatened/endangered species). Private entities or individuals must apply for and be permitted to perform wildlife rehabilitation work.

FIND A REHAB FACILITY: If you must get an injured animal to a wildlife rehabilitator, contact our Jackson Office at (601) 432-2199, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm to find state/federally permitted wildlife rehabilitators.

BECOME A PERMITTED REHABILITATOR: To apply for a permit, visit www.mdwfp.com/seek-study/permits/wildlife-rehabilitaion.aspx for more information.


Home / Contact Us / MS.GOV / MS State Personnel Board / Report A Violation

MDWFP . 1505 Eastover Drive . Jackson, MS 39211 . (601) 432-2400
Copyright MDWFP, All Rights Reserved

WebMail Login   /   Employee Login   /   Admin Login   /   Event Login