MDWFP's Mississippi Museum of Natural Science is truly an off-site, living classroom and should be considered a very important part of any curriculum.
FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
Spring 2024 Field Trip Reservations: Please call Yolanda at (601) 576-6030.
A variety of programs are offered during a scheduled visit, including:
- endangered species
- wetlands, and
Other topics may be available upon request.
- Available to groups of 15 to 30 people.
- Correlated to the state science curriculum objectives and are both content and grade appropriate.
- Feature hands-on activities including observation of live and mounted specimens.
Punctuality is of the utmost importance.
- Please arrive at the museum 15 minutes prior to your program time.
- Groups arriving less than 30 minutes late for a scheduled educational program may be able to receive a shortened version of the program.
- Groups more than 30 minutes late will forfeit their scheduled educational program.
Our 2,500-square-foot temporary exhibit area allows the Museum to showcase special exhibits throughout the year. These exciting and unique displays are made possible through the generous support of donors, sponsors, and the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation. Plan your next Field Trip around a special exhibit for even more fun!
The Museum provides a Teachers Guide to Museum features, services, and procedures for planning field trips and making use of learning materials available for loan.
SCHOOL PLANNER CALENDAR
Download the 2023 Summer & Fall School Planner Calendar featuring upcoming events at the Museum.