2022 Youth Squirrel Hunt
When: February 12, 2022
Where: 5 locations throughout Mississippi
Cost: Free (Guns and Ammunition provided)
Availability: 10 youth participants per event
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
Youth must be 10 to 15 years of age (on event date) to participate.
**UPDATE - January 6, 2022**
All hunt sites have reached capacity. Applications from this point on will be taken for standby opportunities as they might come available.
Hunt sites will be:
- Canal Section WMA (Itawamba County/Tupelo area)
- Camp McCain (Grenada County/Grenada area)
- Caney Creek WMA (Scott County/Morton area)
- Copiah County WMA (Copiah County/Hazlehurst area)
- Pascagoula River WMA (Jackson County/Vancleave to Lucedale area)
Events will begin in the afternoon, and the general program (outdoors) after checking in and completing any necessary paperwork will be:
- Hunting basics and firearms safety
- Practice shotgun shooting
- Squirrel hunt with treeing dogs
- Field dressing squirrels
A liability waiver completed by parent/guardian will be required to participate. The waiver may be submitted on the day of the event. If the first choice hunt site applied for is full, we will try to accommodate with the second choice, if available. Participation will be limited to one parent/guardian per youth(s). Events will be mostly held outdoors for the duration (approximately 2 – 7 pm). At times, event staff will have to get within close proximity of youth to supervise shooting activities. More specific event information will be provided after participants are selected. For more information, contact email@example.com or 601-432-2199.
(click to enlarge)