LEFLEUR'S BLUFF EDUCATION & TOURISM COMPLEX (LBC)
Enjoy recreational and educational activities at this award-winning, accessible attraction!
More than 150,000 visitors have explored the LBC since its opening in December 2021!
The LBC is located on the shared campus between MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science (MMNS) and the Mississippi Children’s Museum (MCM) at I-55 and Lakeland Drive in Jackson, Mississippi.
The LBC includes:
- The LeFleur's Bluff Playground: Get hours and other info.
- Spotter's Adventure Trail: This walking trail connects both Museums and the Playground.
- Spotter's Snack Shack: Get your snacks and Spotter toys, t-shirts, and hats.
- Rental Areas: Rent this outdoor pavilion for your next birthday party or special event!
- Spotter's Adventure Club: Register now for this fun, new activity!
Children who play and learn in nature are more physically active, more engaged in learning, and more emotionally healthy. Outdoor experiences build visual-spatial skills, strengthen observation and creativity, improve concentration, and enhance motor and imagination skills.
- Dogs are not allowed anywhere on the Complex (Playground, The Den, Spotter's Adventure Trail).
- Service animals are allowed on the Complex.
Click here for the Spotter's Adventure Trail and The Den Grand Opening news release
Click here for the latest LeFleur’s Bluff Complex news release
Click here for more information about MDWFP's Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
Click here for more information about the Mississippi Children's Museum
The Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation's generous $3.86 million grant for improving the health and well-being of Mississippians made this innovative project possible and their leadership team played a visionary role in the LBC's development.